OUR CORE VALUES
I. We value our building consumers and customers. We constantly seek to meet and/or exceed their expectations by further advancing the long-standing tradition of quality, productivity, efficiency, and professionalism in our work.
II. We value our Associated Contractors. We recognize and appreciate the working partnership of the Mechanical Contractors Association (M.C.A.), the Plumbing Industry Council (P.I.C.), and Local 562,. Our future goals and plans for training allow for continuing and strengthening these relationships for everyone's benefit.
III. We value working men and women and Organized Labor. We respect the honorable and valuable role working men and women play in our community, the concerns of organized workers, and seek to further enable the membership of Local 562 through training and education.
Training programs funded by Plumbers and Pipefitters Local Union 562 produce plumber and pipefitter foremen, journeymen and apprentices with consistently high skill levels and motivation. We believe cost-effective construction is achieved through productivity and education. Our industry’s advance planning and commitment to training ensure the availability of a highly motivated, skilled work force ready to complete complex work, whenever and wherever it’s needed.
On-the-job and classroom training are thoroughly planned and integrated to provide the necessary groundwork for our plumber and pipefitter apprentices. Over the course of five years, apprentices learn their craft from journeymen in the field while also attending formal classroom training one day, every other week which is funded by the contractor. On their own time, apprentices train for an additional four (4) hours per week in the classroom. A sampling of classes include:
- General pipefitting
- Plumber and pipefitter math
- Blueprint reading and drafting
- Pipe fabrication
- Fiber optics
- NCPWB-Certified Welding
- Pneumatic controls installation and maintenance
- Workplace safety
- Introduction to supervision
For added quality assurance, Plumbers & Pipefitters training classes meet the standards and regulations of several national testing and certification bodies.
- All welding classes are conducted in association with the National Certified Pipe Welding Bureau (NCPWB). This quality assurance tool for owners provides substantial savings to owners through the interchange of welder qualifications, making costly retesting unnecessary. U.A. contractors and Plumbers & Pipefitters Local Union 562 can assign productive and qualified welders to perform your work with confidence.
- Medical gas system classes are approved by the American Medical Gas Institute. Contractors and pipefitters trained in this certified program know the intricacies of protecting the life safety of all health care consumers.
- Training in refrigerant reclamation is approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency through the United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipefitting Industry of the U.S. and Canada. Plumbers and pipefitters completing this program help owners comply with the federal rules and regulations, avoiding the consequences of non-compliance. Productivity is assured through pipefitters’ familiarity with original refrigerant systems.
- Backflow prevention training provided by the U.A. is approved by the American Backflow Prevention Association and meets all state water safety standards. This certified training program protects the life safety of everyone.
In summary, performance and training are cultivated among every member of the United Association. As a result, our consumers and contractors benefit from our members’ capability, versatility, efficiency, and dedication in producing superior work.